Water & Sanitation Services Company Mingora (WSSC) Swat is responsible for the provision of clean drinking water and Sanitations Services to the over 330,000 residents of Mingora, Swat, Pakistan.
Maintaining and provision of Sanitation Services during Current situation has been a challenging task, especially with very limited resources in hand. However, the Company has been coping the challenge successfully.
WSSC Swat shares with the GWOPA the measures taken to address the crisis.
Services Delivery in the Current Situation
1. Field Staff/Workers have been provided with all necessary PPE, e.g. Masks, Hand Sanitizers, Soaps, etc. Workers have distributed in separate wards/allocated areas and a defined set of SOPs have been conveyed to them.
2. As public transportation has been halted due to lockdown, the company is providing its own transport services to the workers coming from remote areas.
3. Regular Water Supply is being ensured by Remote Monitoring and Operating of Water Pumps using SCADA.
4. Effective repair and maintenance of water supply schemes are being carried to address leakages, contamination and other water supply issue promptly.
5. Along with routine services the Company is also performing Disinfection of Hospitals, Quarantine areas, Streets, Govt Offices and other vulnerable places.
6. Burial of deceased is also being performed by the Company.
7. WSSC Swat has also hired additional 40 workers on Contingent basis to meet the increasing HR demand.
8. Company’s Helpline, Social Media pages, email Account and Mobile App are open mediums for customers to communicate us for necessary services.
9. Workers who are aged more than 50 years or having medical condition are being rested and their duties or assigned to other workers.
10. Among the administrative staff, some are working from home while others are performing duties at office on rotation.Water & Sanitation Services Company Mingora Swat (WSSCM) is a public sector company established by The Government of Khybar Pakhtoonkha, Pakistan, in 2017. The company is working for provision of quality water and sanitation services to the urban Union Councils of Tehsil Babuzai, Distt: Swat of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, a population of more than 0.300 Million. The Company is a consumer-oriented organization, responsible for production, transmission and distribution of potable water to citizens of the urban area, managing sewerage system to ensure hygienic environment, development of scheme to cover short falls in services and generation of revenues for sustained economic viability.
COVID-19 & Hygiene Practices Awareness
To raise awareness in the public about COVID19, its spread and prevention, WSSC Swat adopted the following measures:
1. Displayed Flexes/Banners containing precautionary and preventive measures, in the prominent locations and busy junctions of the city.
2. Distributed awareness pamphlets among the masses.
3. Dispersed crowds of people in the city and advise them to follow social distancing.
4. WSSC Swat has installed 95 Hand washing stations across the city. Fresh Water and Soaps are being provided on daily basis. The residents and commuters are being informed to use these stations frequently on the go.
5. Awareness messages are also being regularly published on Company’s Social Media Pages. Local Radio Station and Cable media have been used effectively to convey awareness messages and promote hygiene practices.
6. Ulamas have been engaged for awareness announcements via Masajids.
Advice to other Utilities
1. Panic should be avoided and safety of the entire Staff must be ensured by providing them with all necessary PPEs (Personal Protective Equipment).
2. The Utility must have Contingency Plan to cope with odd situations.
3. Vulnerable Staff may be advised not to attend office for duties.
4. Staff who can work from home should do the same from home.
5. Other mandatory staff may perform duties on rotation basis, if possible.
6. Have ready access to necessary medical records and details on personal health of all workers/staff, if possible, in a hard copy.
7. The visiting Customers may be minimized by advising them to contact for services on Company’s Helpline/Complaint Cell, Social Media Pages, Mobile App etc.
8. Keep sufficient stock all necessary items/tools/equipment.
Water & Sanitation Services Company Mingora Swat is a public sector company established by The Government of Khybar Pakhtoonkha, Pakistan in 2017. The company is working for provision of quality water and sanitation services to the urban Union Councils of Tehsil Babuzai, Distt: Swat of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province. The Company is a consumer-oriented organization, responsible for production, transmission and distribution of potable water to citizens of the urban area, managing sewerage system to ensure hygienic environment, development of scheme to cover short falls in services and generation of revenues for sustained economic viability.