We believe local water and sanitation service providers have a tremendous role to play in reaching essential global water and sanitation targets.
From public utilities that supply water and sewerage services to millions of customers in capital cities, to small units in local governments of small towns and community-based operators in rural areas or slums, water operators provide fundamental services that enable progress in virtually all aspects of sustainable development.
- VISION: Water and sanitation service providers, connected in a solidarity based network are sharing and helping one another improve services for all to achieve local and global objectives.
- MISSION: Work as an effective global alliance to inspire, mobilize support for, catalyze, guide, monitor and enable Water Operators Partnerships that improve lives
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
In keeping with the original text and spirit of UNSGAB’s Hashimoto Action Plan, the Global WOPs Alliance and the WOPs it supports are oriented by a number of Guiding Principles.
The principles were articulated during GWOPA’s Foundation Meeting in 2009 and subsequently adopted in the GWOPA Charter. The Charter was amended in 2013. Members of GWOPA are expected to support and comply with these principles in all WOP-related activities. All issues regarding integrity should be reported to the Integrity Sub-Committee.
- Not-for-profit Partnerships
- Supporting efforts worldwide
- Mutual benefit
- Building on the past and others
- Fostering sustainable change
- Creating a culture of solidarity