Since it began in 2009, GWOPA has built:
- Credibility for the WOPs partnership practice which a recent EU evaluation describes as “highly appropriate and well adapted to the need for improving operational performance of water and sanitation utilities.”
- A global WOPs movement, with over 370 partnerships on record and a worldwide network of WOP partners and practitioners. At least 320 million USD has been brought to the practice.
- A well-built network of nearly 500 members and partners including mostly utilities and utility associations, but also donors and civil society, different levels of government, private sector and unions.
- A global infrastructure of associated national and regional platforms facilitating WOPs on every continent, and active WOP programmes being implemented by most major regional development banks.
- A growing suite of over 30 normative products that help these partnerships be done more effectively.