The Project, named as RG-T2541, is for a total amount of U$S 750.000. The IADB will contribute with U$S 450.000. The principal objetives of the Technical Cooperation are:
- Identify and develop at least 16 WOPs;
- Promotion of best practices through the implementation of 5 workshops on selected themes;
- Management and promotion of the Platform by launching a website, a newsletter and participation in international events.
On the 26th November 2014, the WOP-LAC Annual Steering Committee meeting took place in the emblematic Palacio de las Aguas Corrientes building, The 'Running Water Palace' belongs to the Argentinian operator, Agua y Saneamientos Argentinos S.A. (AySA), and is located in the country's capital, Buenos Aires.
The main objectives of this Steering Committee meeting were to 1) review the state of affairs of the Platform following the move of the Secretariat to ALOAS, 2) present new members of the Steering Committee, elected by the General Assembly for the period 2015/2018, 3) Present and discuss the Work Plan for 2015, 5) Define the date and place of the next Steering Committee in 2015.
Previous to the beginning of discussion, the President of ALOAS, Dr. Carlos H. Ben, and the representative of the IDB, Henry Moreno, initiated the Technical Cooperation Grant Document that the Bank allocated to WOP-LAC to support the implementation of the work plan over the next 3 years (2015-2017), for a total of 450 thousand dollars.
- Incorporate twinnings between OSE (Uruguay) – INRH (Cuba) and ESSAP (Paraguay) – EPM (Colombia), into the 2015 Work Plan.
- Approval of the 2015 Work Plan before the 31 December 2014, following modifications based on the Steering Committee meeting.
- The thematic topic for the Regional Workshop in 2015 will be, "Sanitation" and will include the use of the AECID's Centro de Formación y Capacitación (Training and Capacity Centre) in Cartagena del de Indias, where the event will be hosted. GWOPA and ACUACAR will be co-organizers in this activity.
- The Secretariat will draft a set of rules for the running of the Platform, these will be analysed and discussed by members of the Steering Committee during 2015 so as to be approved during the next Committee meeting.
- The next Committee Meeting will take place in the framework of the Global WOPs Congress, organized by GWOPA from 16 to 18 September, in the City of Barcelona.