WOP STE & ONEA
Benchmarking visits between the Office National de l'Eau et de l'Assainissement (ONEA) of Burkina Faso and the Société Tchadienne des Eaux (STE) of Chad have enabled the water operators to compare their systems and services and share information on issues of human resources, production and network maintenance as well as customer management. These exchanges led to the creation of a long-term “twinning” partnership between these two utilities to sustain learning.
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
Was the code of conduct followed?
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Business planning and financial management
- Customer relations
- Water quality management
Improvements in the areas of:
• Human Resources
• Supply services
• Customer Relationships
• Operation and Maintenance
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Joint planning or work
- Site visits
Describe WOPs activities
• Diagnostic visit of the mentor at the mentees facilities
• Benchmarking visit
• Exchange between mentor and mentee
• Development of PAP
Describe the overall results
• ToR defined for the preparation of the strategic vision
• Draft document on the developed performance indicators
• Draft document on the procedure manual
2) Supply Services:
• Communication Strategy developed
• The quality of water produced and distributed is regularly monitored by a program
• Tariff study conducted
• Meters replaced for 20% of the customers
5) Operation and Maintenance:
• Maintenance plan developed
Which factors had a positive influence on the success of your WOP?
- Accurate identification of capacity needs
- Appropriate partner selection
Which factors impeded the success of your WOP?
Lack of financing for WOPs