WOP: Amiens Métropole & SAAS-SC
The WOP between the Service de l’eau et de l’assainissement de la Communauté d’agglomération, Amiens Métropole of France and the Serviço Autónomo de Água e Saneamento de Santa Catarina (SAAS-SC) of Cape Verde was initiated in November 2012. The partnership is co-funded by AFD and the Agence de l'Eau Artois-Picardie and is supported by the Association Cap-Vert Amiens (ACVA). This WOP includes different technical areas of collaboration including the management of water supply networks and wastewater treatment plants.
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
November 01, 2012 -
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Other supporting organizations
Agence de l'Eau Artois-Picardie, Association Cap-Vert Amiens (ACVA)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
- Waste water collection and treatment
- Water quality management
• Leak detection
• Improvement of water quality management
• Implementation of the sanitation service
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
Describe WOPs activities
• First diagnostic visit conducted in November 2012
• 1st visit in April 2014: Training of two upper technicians of SAAS Santa Catarina at the Service de l’eau et de l’assainissement de la Communauté d’agglomération Amiens Métropole, France.
• 2nd visit in November 2014: Representatives from Amiens Métropole and GWOPA visited the SAAS-Santa Catarina for diagnosis as well as for the evaluation of the first visit.
Describe the overall results
• Capacity Building
• Implementation of Sanitation Service
• Water loss project
• Smart meters
Which factors had a positive influence on the success of your WOP?
Appropriate partner selection
Which factors impeded the success of your WOP?