WOP: NWSC & PSWB
The main objective of this WOP between the National Water & Sewerage Corporation (NWSW) of Uganda and the Plateau State Water Board (PSWB) of Nigeria was to enhance the organizational and operational performance of PSWB with a particular focus on the reduction of Non Revenue Water.
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
February 06, 2014 - February 05, 2015
Was the code of conduct followed?
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
Reduction in NRW
• Leak detection
• Illegal use
• Meter management
• M&E reporting
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Classroom training
- On the job training
- Site visits
Describe WOPs activities
• Signature of MOU, 6th Feb. 2014
• Diagnostic visit, 10th ‐ 14th March 2014
- Institutional assessment
- Performance Improvement Plan and Action Plan
• Benchmarking visit and training, 15th - 21st June 2014
- Exposure visit and training of six staff members from PSWB
• Monitoring visit and on‐the-job training, 20th - 25th October 2014
- On‐the-job training of over 30 staff members from the business units and management staff on customer management, NRW reduction and the water balance, Illegal use reduction, Meter management, Institutional management, Monitoring and evaluation and aspects of asset management
• PIP evaluation, 2nd - 5th February 2015
- Final evaluation report and successor Action Plans
Describe the overall results
• Introduction of the change process
• Well Trained Change Agents
• Operating procedures, policies, reporting formats enhanced
• Strengthening of M&E
Which factors had a positive influence on the success of your WOP?
Which factors impeded the success of your WOP?
Not tied to ongoing processes