WOP: Bauchi State Water & Sewerage Corporation - Taraba State Water Supply Agency
The WOP between Bauchi State Water & Sewerage Corporation (Bauchi, Nigeria) and Taraba State Water Supply Agency (Nigeria, Jalingo) was established in September 2014 for a duration of 2 months with the objective to strengthen the capacity of the mentee in the areas of business planning, financial management, customer relations, communication, billing and collection operations. Additionally, this WOP aimed to improve non-revenue water and water loss.
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
September 28, 2014 - November 24, 2014
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
- New opportunities/challenges for employees
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Billing and revenue collection
- Business planning and financial management
- Customer relations
- Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
Describe WOPs activities
Describe the overall results
Needs assessment and development of Work Plan.
Which factors had a positive influence on the success of your WOP?
- Financing for WOPs
- Part of a national improvement process
- Relationship of individuals
Which factors impeded the success of your WOP?
- Inadequate understanding of capacity needs
- Lack of follow up financing
- Not tied to ongoing processes