WOP: Water Authority of Fiji and Hunter Water
November 05, 2013
This WOP aim to improve the management of wastewater treatment and non-revenue water.
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
February 18, 2013 -
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
New opportunities/challenges for employees
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Total cost of WOP ($)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Asset management
- Business planning and financial management
- Energy efficiency
- Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
- Water quality management
• Reduce Non Revenue Water
• Water Treatment Plant Optimisation
• Laboratories Review
• Water System Modeling to assist operation
• Business Case Planning Training
• Improve Energy Efficiency
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Classroom training
- Joint planning or work
- On the job training
- Site visits
Describe WOPs activities
On‐the‐job training, classroom training, joint diagnosis, development of work plan, video conferencing, case study
Describe the overall results
• Non-revenue water audit undertaken and training of WAF staff in using the audit software. Action plan for reducing non-revenue water developed and implementation success is being tracked.
• Technical review undertaken of Navaki wastewater treatment plant and action plan developed for correcting problems and implemented by WAF staff
• Review of laboratories undertaken and set of actions implemented for gaining accreditation and improvement of services
• Training in capital evaluation undertaken with case studies prior to preparation of capital works program for 2013
• Training given in water system modellers and worked with these staff to develop a workable water system model for Lautoka
• Advice given on how to adapt the new GIS system to meet operations and modelling needs
• Technical and management advice given to support and improve the operations and management of WAF on another 12 major priority issues
Which factors had a positive influence on the success of your WOP?
- Financing for WOPs
- Relationship of individuals
Which factors impeded the success of your WOP?
Lack of follow up financing