WOP: Vitens and eThekwini Water & Sanitation Services
This joint effort serves the growth and development of the Southern African water supply and sanitation market by demonstrating innovative (Dutch) technology and expertise
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
April 01, 2012 - April 01, 2016
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
- Corporate social responsibility
- New opportunities/challenges for employees
- Solidarity principles
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Other supporting organizations
Other supporting organizations:
- Your Man on Site (YMoS)
- World Waternet (WWN)
- World Water Academy (WWA)
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Pretoria (53.3%)
- Center of Expertise (11.3%)
- Vitens Evides International (3.8%)
- eThekwini water and sanitation (EWS) (29.5%)
- Wereld Waternet (0.13%)
- Wateropleidingen (0.37 %)
- Your Man on Site (YMoS) (2.1 %)
Total cost of WOP ($)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Asset management
- Energy efficiency
- Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
- Waste water collection and treatment
- Water quality management
Please specify other theme(s)
The Centre of Expertise aims both to satisfy demands for expertise of Southern African water supply and sanitation utilities, while at the same time facilitating market access for innovative solutions to the problems of the Water Supply and Sanitation sector. More specific objectives are the following:
1. The improvement of performance of the Southern African water and sanitation utilities.
2. The increased access to the Southern African market by the Dutch water and sanitation sector.
3. A financially sustainable Centre of Expertise
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Classroom training
- On the job training
- Site visits
- Study tours