WOP: Vitens and Water and Energy Company Bonaire
This partner aims to enhance its operations in drinking water services
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
April 17, 2013 - April 16, 2018
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
- Corporate social responsibility
- New opportunities/challenges for employees
- Solidarity principles
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Other supporting organizations
- Water and Energy Company Bonaire (WEB) (70%)
- Vitens Evides Internatoinal (VEI) (30%)
Total cost of WOP ($)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Asset management
- Billing and revenue collection
- Business planning and financial management
- Customer relations
- Energy efficiency
- Public awareness and promotion of water services
- Waste water collection and treatment
- Water quality management
Please specify other theme(s)
- Process automation
- Implementation of investment program
- Capacity building in the field of network and Non-Revenue Water (NRW) management.
- Optimization of drinking water production and energy conservation.
- Introduction of Operation &Maintenance O&M) practices based on asset management principles.
- Optimization of customer relations, billing and collection processes.
- If needed, modification of organizational structure, responsibilities and tasks of staff.
- Training of staff for Operation & Maintenance of wastewater collection systems and wastewater treatment plants.
- Compilation and implementation of annual investment plans.
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Classroom training
- Joint planning or work
- On the job training
- Study tours