WOP: Vitens and Dhaka Water Supply and Sewearge Company
This WOP aim to enhance the operational performance and management activities of DWASA
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
September 01, 2012 - September 01, 2016
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
- Corporate social responsibility
- New opportunities/challenges for employees
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Other supporting organizations
- DWASA (9%)
- VEI (24%)
- Simavi (2%)
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Dhaka (65%)
Total cost of WOP ($)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Asset management
- Billing and revenue collection
- Customer relations
- Energy efficiency
- Expanding services to low income households
- Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
- Public awareness and promotion of water services
- Water quality management
The objectives of the Water Operators Partnership (WOP) are:
- To enhance the operational performance and the management of capacities of DWASA.
- To ensure the sustainability of DWASA’s services.
- To support DWASA in providing WASH services to the poor.
- To intensify Bangladesh-Dutch bilateral cooperation.
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Classroom training
- Joint planning or work
- On the job training
- Site visits
- Study tours