Training on Water Safety Plans (WSPs)http://gwopa.org/templates/jreviews_overrides/views/themes/notoytheme/theme_images/nophoto_v3.png
Water suppliers have a duty of care to persons utilizing the water or service that they supply. A Water Safety Plan (WSP) is the most effective way of ensuring that a water supply is safe for human consumption and that it meets the health based targets and other regulatory requirements.
The advantage of the WSP is that it is applicable to ensuring the safety of water in all types of water supply systems no matter their size or complexity. The WSP approach has been developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Water Association (IWA).
- Water Safety Plan Manual
- Water Safety Planning Roadmap (Russian)
- Water Safety Plan (English) (Russian)
- Water Safety Plans Eastern Europe and Central Asia (English) (Russian)
- Free training kit on Water Safety Plans for water utilities
- IWA e-portal on Water Safety Plans
- Guidelines for drinking water quality
- The GWOPA Initiative with African Utilities
- Workshops and Conferences on Water Safety Plans